Part of us was really excited about India, the other part was nervous. A week before our arrival, the prime minister announced a demonetization plan that would remove 80% of India’s paper currency from circulation. At around the same time, the US state department issued its first country-specific terrorism warning in southern Asia. And shortly after we arrived, a train derailment in northern India led to the death of 150 people. Nevertheless, after our visit, we both said that India is at the top of our list in terms of places we'd want to visit again. Check out some of what we learned here.
TRACE OUR PATH...
Favorites in Bold
- Taj Mahal
- Fahtepur Sikri
- Agra Fort
- Minivan bus rides through Kerala with the Chan family
- Bike riding in Kumarakom to visit villages
- Munnar Tea Plantation Visit
- Sunset hike through countryside
- Stop at Hindustan Spices & Herbal Garden
- Scenic bus rides through Munnar
- Kannan Devan Hills Tea Museum
- Travel from Kumarakom to Alleppey via houseboat (or a Ketuvalloms, “boat with knots,” or rice barge)
- Explore Vembanad Lake and Backwater Islands
- Hang out near Cochin International Airport during strikes
Check out our friend James Shigihara's amazing video of Amelia and Kunal's wedding...
Where did we go next?